Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 1 - Level 4 - Flickr and Blogger - Tags




April's book pile




Tags are an interesting tool.  While I do think it makes our lives easier, they can be a pain to use and when you're feeling lazy... it is easy to get behind.  If you look at my Flickr account, you can see that it is mostly librarian related.  I opened up this Flickr account as a tool for a group project during my graduate studies.  It served it's purpose for us because it gave us a place to store our images for our website.

Before that class, I was a heavy Flickr fan.  I have a personal account tagged to only me.  In fact, people cannot view the account unless I grant them access to it.  I have decided to do this because I want my personal life to remain separate from my professional life. 

I do believe using labels and tags are a great organizational tool and a good way to pick up readers.  Readers and viewers can find exactly what they are looking for through tags.  It is also a good way to make online friends.  I say this because Flickr is a social website just like facebook.  It is great way to connect and share your art with people who have the same interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment